Turn in Magazine Drive Orders!
Grade 8 Agenda:
Design an experiment to explore the field between two electric charges.
Your assignment is to identify a scientific question that can be investigated using the PhET Charges and Fields simulation. Your investigation must involve exploring the electric field between two charges. After you identify a valid scientific question, you must:
- identify the manipulated, responding, and controlled variables in the experiment.
- write a method for conduction your investigation.
- prepare suitable data tables for recording data.
- collect and record data.
- prepare a graph showing your results.
- prepare a report that presents your results and answers your experimental question with suitable evidence in support of your conclusion.
This will be a graded project - you must demonstrate the following:
ability to write a scientific question
correct identification and use of manipulated, responding, and controlled variables.
good practice for collecting and organizing data
preparation of a neat, professional report
making a valid conclusion with appropriate support
Report requirements will be provided Thursday.
Final report will be due Monday.
Some class time will be provided - including tomorrow.
Study hall and conference Time.
Source credibility - continued work
Grade 7 Agenda:
Calculating Density worksheet - use FDSS method, due Thursday
An assignment will be given in class tomorrow - do not put this off...
Quiz Make-ups will be given in class tomorrow
defined: how much matter is packed into a certain volume
DIFFERENT FOR EACH ELEMENT/COMPOUND (UNLESS SAME BY COINCIDENCE)
RATIO BETWEEN MASS AND VOLUME
WHAT IS A RATIO?
- comparison of two quantities
- how much of one fits in the other
EQUATION DENSITY=MASS / VOLUME
- units: g
- units: mL and cm3
SOLVING A PROBLEM: FDSS FORMAT