- Picture day is: Monday, September 11th
- During WIN block, we will go to the cafeteria to hear a presentation from BayPath
Grade 7 Agenda:
- Complete the Computer Simulation questions in your notebook for Monday.
- Make flash cards for the Atoms Notes terms for Monday:
- Expect a "flash card" quiz on all flash cards on Tuesday.
- Add these to your deck of metric prefixes and measurement units.
- A ll flash cards to be neat and completed on standard index cards.
SLANT: ATOM NOTES
- particle, define and describe
- elements, define and describe
- particles of elements - atoms
- what atoms are made of...
Computer simulation: Build an Atom
Questions: Experiment with the simulation to answer the following in your notebook. Copy each question and write a response to it in complete sentences.
- What determines which element an atom is?
- Does the number of neutrons always equal the number of protons in a stable atom?
- What is necessary to make an atom with a net charge of zero?
- What determines the mass number of an atom?
Pass back and go over Hi Ho to Mars We Go
Time to make flashcards
- BayPath presentation, cafeteria
Grade 8 Agenda:
- Flipgrid: Make a video telling me how you have fun with gravity.
- Students who are unable to submit a video may prepare a written description using text and pictures they took or downloaded versions (that are properly cited). The submission should be typed, double spaced, and ready for class on Monday.
Gravity Simulation: Discussion of worksheet.
Flipgrid training and Just Say Hello!
Complete in class.
Discuss assignment for weekend -